LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS
* The federal government has launched two new campaigns - one aimed at vaccination stragglers and the other focused on Australia's first people - as the country reaches 86.6 per cent first doses for those aged 16 and above and 73.1 per cent fully vaccinated.
* Premier Dominic Perrottet is confident the return of NSW students and teachers to schools will go well despite the potential for outbreaks.
* NSW recorded 296 new locally acquired cases and four deaths on Sunday.
* Premier Daniel Andrews says statewide travel can resume from 6pm on Friday when Victoria is forecast to reach 80 per cent full vaccination of people 16 and over.
* The Garden State recorded 1935 new cases and 11 deaths on Sunday.
* The ACT reported nine new COVID-19 cases but testing remains relatively low since the territory started easing restrictions with 87.3 per cent of Canberrans aged over the age of 12 now fully vaccinated.
* West Australian Premier Mark McGowan says a security breach by anti-vaxxers at his home won't stop his state's vaccine rollout, which will be expanded to Bunnings, as he confirms the borders won't be eased until after Christmas.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 34,238,479 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Sunday, including 194,297 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 20,078,337 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 102,760 in the previous 24 hours).
* 18,977,675 have been issued in primary care (+99,654) and 1,100,662 in aged and disability facilities (+3106).
* 14,160,142 have been administered by the states and territories, including 91,537 in the previous 24 hours.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 2240 local cases on Sunday: 1935 in Victoria, 296 in NSW, and nine in the ACT.
* There were zero overseas-acquired infections.
* The national death toll is 1635: Victoria 1041 (+11), NSW 552 (+4), Tasmania 13, ACT 9, WA 9, Queensland 7 and SA 4. Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states.
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 243,337,931
* Deaths: at least 4,943,347
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 6,785,434,987.
Data current as at 1730 AEDT on October 24, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press