A new multi-purpose community hub integrated with surrounding public open spaces including a modern public library is part of the draft Miller masterplan which is currently on display.
The Draft Miller Social Infrastructure Masterplan outlines council's approach to renew and redevelop community facilities and parks and open spaces in Miller.
The long-term vision for Miller includes:
- Redevelopment of Michael Wenden Aquatic Leisure Centre.
- Park and open space upgrades to improve their accessibility, safety and optimise utilisations.
- Enhanced green spaces and corridors.
- New safe pedestrian friendly spaces.
- New open and connected axis into Miller Square with boulevard of trees.
- Proposed increase of urban tree canopy on precinct scale that connects and identifies key connection corridors;
- Creating connections among various destinations and facilities.
Mayor Wendy Waller encouraged residents to comment on the masterplan which will help deliver the best facilities and services for the Miller community of the future.