An indoor 50-metre swimming pool, two multi-purpose sporting fields and an outdoor water play area are part of stage two of the Carnes Hill masterplan which is on display for residents to provide feedback.
The precinct includes 15 hectares of open space divided into northern and southern parcels of land by Beard Creek. Stage one on the southern parcel of land was completed in 2016 and included a library, community centre, indoor recreation centre and skate park.
We welcome your feedback.Wendy Waller, mayor
"Now the draft masterplan for stage two of the precinct is available and we welcome your feedback," Liverpool Mayor Wendy Waller said. "We're keen to make sure the proposed development will meet the needs of those who will use it."
Other features of the stage two masterplan includes:
- Indoor learn-to-swim pool.
- Indoor leisure pool and an indoor spa / steam / sauna area.
- Outdoor water play area.
- Boardwalk connections to and from Stage 1 of the precinct.
- Access road from Cowpasture Road.
- Children's playground;
- Passive recreational spaces.
- New walkways and cycle ways.
- A 250-space ca rpark.