Police vehicle damaged and three charged after pursuit

Three people have been charged following a police pursuit with a stolen car in Lurnea on Friday.

About 9.10pm, a Toyota Yaris was stolen from Guthega Crescent in Heckenberg while the driver, a food delivery employee, was completing a job nearby.

About 10.50pm, officers attached to Liverpool City Police Area Command sighted the stolen Yaris on Maxwells Avenue and a pursuit commenced on Thelma Street, Lurnea.

It's alleged the driver reversed the Yaris into a police vehicle on Webster Road, causing minor damage before driving away and then reversing for a second time and hitting the same police vehicle.

The Yaris stopped on Wonga Road, Lurnea, before two of the occupants fled on foot.

After a short struggle, police arrested the driver, a 35-year-old man, and a passenger, a 39-year-old man.

Upon searching the men, police located a 35-centimetre knife allegedly concealed in the pants of the younger man, and an 18-centimetre knife and methylamphetamine in a pocket of the older man.

The third occupant, a 35-year-old woman, was also arrested in the vehicle.

All three people were taken to Liverpool station.

The driver, from Heckenberg, was charged with stealing a motor vehicle, taking and driving a conveyance without consent of the owner, police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously, use etc offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention etc, learner not accompanied by driver/police officer/tester, learner driver not displaying "L" plates as prescribed, resisting or hindering a police officer in the execution of duty, carrying a cutting weapon upon apprehension and custody of knife in public place.

The male passenger, from Warwick Farm, was charged with being carried in a conveyance taken without consent of the owner, carrying a cutting weapon upon apprehension, possessing prohibited drug and goods in personal custody suspected of being stolen (not motor vehicle).

Both men were refused bail and appeared in Parramatta Bail Court on Saturday.

The woman, from Leumeah, was charged with be carried in a conveyance taken without consent of the owner.

She was granted conditional bail to appear in Liverpool Local Court on September 2.