Another three people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Queensland overnight.
Speaking in Brisbane this morning (Thursday) Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said one was an international arrival, a man in his 20s and the other two were a couple who attended the Apollo restaurant in Sydney, a known cluster.
The couple returned to Queensland and self isolated.
"That is very good news about what that couple did and a lesson to everyone about how we have to treat this very seriously," Ms Palaszczuk said.
The new cases follow the three identified yesterday from the Logan school outbreak with contact tracing now in place to follow the trail of where those cases had been.
The premier said Queensland Health carried out 2800 tests yesterday and almost a 1000 were in the Metro South area covered by the new cases yesterday two of whom are suspected of lying about the fact they were in Victoria before they returned from Sydney Airport (the third was a sister of one of the two women who went to Melbourne).
"We need to make sure everyone is doing the right thing," she said.
"If anyone is sick, stay home and do not go to work and you must keep up social distancing. Now is not the time to be a large gathering if they are not social distancing."
The premier encouraged anyone who was in suspected areas of outbreak should be tested.
As confirmed yesterday, Sydney has been declared a hotspot and after Friday, if you come from Sydney or anywhere in Victoria, you will be turned away at the border or be required to quarantine at your own expense if you are a Queensland resident.
With Victoria set to declare a record number of over 700 cases today, Health Minister Steven Miles recommended against any non-essential travel.
Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young said the next week was critical and reiterated the Premier's advice for ill people to isolate and get tested.
"Don't go to places where we know there are cases," Dr Young said.