Work will begin in the coming weeks on temporary car parking spaces for Edmondson Park Station commuters during the upgrade of the existing car park.
The temporary car park will have around 180 free and untimed spaces and be located next to the existing car park on the northern side of the station. The spots are expected to be available while major work on the new multi-storey car park is underway.
Holsworthy MP Melanie Gibbons said Landcom will build the temporary parking on behalf of Transport for NSW.
"When I announced the additional spaces last year, I said that temporary car parking would be made available during the construction of the new multi storey car park - and I'm happy to be able to deliver on this commitment," Ms Gibbons said.
The new multi-storey commuter car park is the first step in delivering up to 2000 additional spaces at Edmondson Park Station and is expected to open in mid-2021.
The car park will include:
- Up to 1000 additional parking spaces.
- Free parking for up to 18 hours.
- Accessible parking spaces.
- Lift access.
- Road pavement and pedestrian pathway upgrades.
- CCTV, lighting and wayfinding for improved safety and security.
- Provision for electric vehicle charging spaces and motorbike parking is also being assessed.