VIDEO| Truck driver charged over filmed dangerous driving incident

Police have charged a Menangle truck driver over a dangerous driving incident that was filmed and published on social and mainstream media.

Police have identified and charged a truck driver following a public appeal into a dangerous driving incident in Sydney's south-west at the weekend.

The incident involving a utility and a small truck occurred southbound on the Hume Highway at Menangle, near the Partridge VC rest area about 6.45am on Saturday, May 9 2020.

Officers from the Traffic and Highway Patrol Command commenced an investigation after the vision was posted on social media showing a small truck allegedly failing to keep left and a utility attempting to overtake it.

Following a public appeal, the driver of the truck, a 47-year-old man attended the Traffic and Highway Patrol Command headquarters in Huntingwood about 4pm yesterday Wednesday, May 13 2020.

The Ruse man will be issued a Court Attendance Notice for drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous and will be expected to appear at Campbelltown Local Court on Tuesday, August 4 2020.

Inquiries are continuing to locate the driver of the utility in this incident.

Meanwhile, nine motorists were charged following separate speeding and reckless driving incidents across Sydney yesterday.

Traffic and Highway Patrol Commander, Assistant Commissioner Michael Corboy, said there had been too many speeding and dangerous drivers getting behind the wheel overnight.

"It beggars belief that people are flagrantly flouting road rules and putting other road users at risk," Assistant Commissioner Corboy said.

"Even one car stopped for speeding is one too many and disappointing to see. Our officers will continue to conduct speed enforcement duties and patrol areas to ensure our roads are safe."

WANT MORE LOCAL NEWS?

SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

This story VIDEO| Truck driver charged over filmed dangerous driving incident first appeared on Campbelltown-Macarthur Advertiser.