A Gold Coast nursing home that abruptly closed earlier this year forcing the evacuation of almost 70 high care patients will not reopen.
Arthur Miller, owner of the Earle Haven nursing home, has told the ABC the Federal government has revoked his licence to operate a high-care facility.
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission said the decision was made on August 23 after Earle Haven failed to meet any of eight Aged Care quality standards.
Last month Mr Miller told a Queensland parliamentary hearing he was fed up and would no longer run an aged care facility.
Earle Haven went into administration in July after a payment dispute came to a head between owner, People Care, and HelpStreet.
More than a hundred medical staff, including paramedics, were called in to help when the high-care residents were effectively left without a home.
The hearing was told it took more than a decade of repeated regulatory failures for Mr Miller to realise he wasn't up to the task of running the high-needs facility he began with his late wife, a registered nurse.
In the lead up to the closure, 63 per cent of the high-care residents were malnourished and the rest were at risk of malnutrition.
"I will not run aged care any more ... I am fed up," Mr Miller told the hearing.
Australian Associated Press