Preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
Ingredients for four
What you need:
- 4 x 350g beef rib eye cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Mole sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo in chipotle sauce
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans
- 250g grape tomatoes, halved
- 50g rocket leaves
- Parsley leaves, to serve
What to do:
Place beef rib eye cutlets on a plate and brush with oil. Season with pepper. Barebecue the beef rib eye cutlet for 3-4 minutes each side until medium rare, or until cooked to your liking.
Place quinoa in 1 1/3 cups water and bring to the boil, simmer and cover until grains have opened up,about 15 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes, fluff grains with a fork.
Place adobo in chipotle sauce, banana, cocoa, garam masala and lime juice in a blender and process until smooth.
Season to taste.
Combine the quinoa with the beans, tomatoes and rocket. Drizzle with a little lime juice and olive oil.
Serve beef with the quinoa salad and extra mole sauce spooned over.