Grieving family members and traumatised witnessed face the potential of delays to the Dreamworld tragedy inquest due to the emergence of new evidence.
Lawyers for the Gold Coast theme park's parent company Ardent Leisure produced over 1000 new documents to coronial assistants ahead of second hearing of the inquest on Monday.
Barrister Matthew Hickey, representing family of victim Cindy Low, told the Southport Coroners Court on Friday the evidence relates not just to witnesses yet to take the stand but also some of those who have already given evidence.
Mr Hickey said this created a "natural justice" concern and lawyers may need to recall witnesses.
The inquest is examining the deaths of Ms Low, Kate Goodchild, her brother Luke Dorsett and his partner Roozi Araghi following a malfunction on the Thunder River Rapids Ride in October 2016.
Friday was the conclusion of the first week of second two-week sitting of the inquest following an initial fortnight in June.
A further two-week period is scheduled to commence from November 14.
"This cannot go forever," Mr Hickey said.
"The families of those whose lives have been robbed are entitled to know what happened."
Counsel assisting the coroner Ken Fleming QC said the production of such a large amount of evidence midway through the inquest was disappointing given requests for relevant information had been made almost two years before.
"Any delay is stressful to the families," Mr Fleming told reporters outside court.
"Hopefully we have all the documents now.
"We all know the old saying justice delayed is justice denied ... we need to get this finished just as soon as we possibly can."
The inquest heard on Friday an attractions supervisor had been urged by his manager to investigate the possibility of simplifying the shutdown procedure on the 30-year-old ride.
Jason Johns sent an email to a park engineer as part of his review of the ride's operation procedures in May 2016, seeking advice on the possibility of making the shutdown a "one-button" exercise.
Mr Johns said the request was made at the behest of attractions manager Andrew Fyfe, not due to any concerns raised by ride operators.
He said the four-button shutdown procedure was, in his opinion, a "simple" one for operators.
Mr Johns also said he believed engineering changes made to the ride following a 2014 incident where two rafts collided on the ride's conveyor mitigated the change of rafts capsizing.
Dreamworld charged Mr Johns with rewriting operations procedures following the alterations but he said he didn't know if the changes were made in direct response to the 2014 incident.
Mr Johns also disagreed with a proposition from Mr Fleming that the wording of a memo issued to operators in the days before the disaster discouraged them from pressing an emergency stop button on the ride's unload platform.
The inquest resumes on Monday.
Australian Associated Press