Three men from south-west Sydney were part of the 36 people arrested when police allegedly located and seized cocaine, MDMA, steroids, cars, two firearms and more than $120,000 in cash in November.
Strike Force Northrop was established in September 2017 by detectives attached to Redfern Region Enforcement Squad to target the ongoing supply of cocaine within the Central Metropolitan Region.
As a result, about 2pm on Friday, November 17, a 30-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman were arrested in O’Connell Street, Sydney, before being taken to Day Street Police Station, after police allegedly located cocaine and more than $2500 in cash.
They were charged with a range of offences and are due to reappear at Central Local Court on Thursday, January 25.
Following inquiries, police attended a unit on Ann Street, Wolli Creek, where a 20-year-old Carramar man was arrested at the property. He was charged with participate criminal group contribute criminal, supply prohibited drug greater than indictable quantity, possess ammunition without holding licence/permit, knowingly deal with proceeds of crime, possess prohibited drug.
He was granted conditional bail and is due to reappear at Central Local Court on Thursday, January 25.
There was also a number of other arrests/charges.
- Police arrested two men, aged 23 and 24 in Bond Street, Sydney, about 7pm on Friday 24 November 2017. During a search of their vehicle, police allegedly located 19 bags of cocaine and more than $2200 in cash.
- A search warrant was executed at a home in Paddington, after a 28-year-old man was arrested, on Underwood Street on Saturday 25 November 2017. Police will allege in court to have located cocaine and more than $30000 in cash.
- Police arrested two women, aged 25 and 26 on Wednesday 29 November 2017 at Penshurst and Concord West. Both women were charged with knowingly participate in criminal group, supply prohibited drugs, along with other charges.
- On 30 November, a 31-year-old man was arrested in Campsie. During a search of a vehicle and property, police allegedly located and seized cocaine, two firearms with ammunition and more than $25000 in cash.
- About 10.30am today (Friday 1 December 2017), police attended a business in Sydney, where three people were arrested and are currently assisting with inquiries at Day Street Police Station.
In addition police also arrested and charged:
- 25-year-old woman from Eagle Vale
- 32-year-old man from Wolli Creek
- 52-year-old man from Ambarvale
- 56 and 33-year-old men from Paddington
- 47-year-old man from Milsons Point
- 21-year-old man from Sydney
- 23-year-old man from Lidcombe
- 24-year-old man from Yagoona
- 31-year-old man from Mascot
- 26-year-old man from Bankstown
- 19-year-old man from Greenacre
- 22-year-old man from Mount Pritchard
- 19-year-old man from Georges Hall
- 25-year-old man from Prariewood
- 35-year-old woman from Constitution Hill
- 23-year-old man from Randwick
- 44-year-old man from Neutral Bay
- 25 and 23-year-old men and a 32-year-old woman from Bondi Beach
- 33-year-old man from Petersham
- 38-year-old man from Castle Hill
Charges include supply prohibited drug, knowingly participate in criminal group, ongoing drug supply, deal with proceeds of crime and, possess prohibited drug.