House fire winds up with woman in Liverpool Hospital

Generic image: Pexels
Generic image: Pexels

This weekend was a close call for a woman in South-west Sydney when a house caught fire at the rear kitchen of the home.

Emergency services were called at about 1.30am on Saturday August 12.

The home on Macquarie Road, Ingleburn was extinguished by fire fighters shortly after.

A woman, 52, managed to escape in time with the assistance of a passer-by and was taken to Liverpool Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Investigations suggest the fire started on a stove in the kitchen.

A small dog was located and found deceased in the home. NSW Police have said there are no suspicious circumstances.


Discuss "House fire winds up with woman in Liverpool Hospital"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.