Three men arrested over south-west Sydney restaurant robberies

Police have charged three men in relation to a spate of armed robberies at restaurants in south-western and western Sydney earlier this year.

Three robberies occurred between February 6 and February 24, in the early hours of the morning on each occasion. 

They also occurred at the same chain of restaurants, while a different outlet was targeted in each instance. 

It’s alleged the same offenders were responsible for another armed robbery at a Campbelltown business on February 2. 

State Crime Command’s Robbery and Serious Crime squad officers formed Strike Force Nutba to investigate the incidents. 

During each incident, at least two men entered the premises and threatened the cleaner with a firearm, while demanding they open the safe. 

On February 24, three men forced entry into one of the restaurants on the Hume Highway, Casula.

The trio restrained the cleaner in the kitchen and fled the location a short time later with the safe. It was recovered later that day in a park at Ingleburn.

Following inquiries, detectives executed search warrants at homes in Ambarvale and Claymore on Wednesday.

Officers seized a number of items suspected to have been stolen, including two detonators, two python snakes, two Harley Davidson motorcycles, and prohibited weapons.

Two men, aged 31 and 28, were arrested at Claymore separate homes and taken to Campbelltown police station.

The 31-year-old was charged with four counts of armed robbery, one count of attempted armed robbery, kidnapping, aggravated break and enter, supplying a firearm and not stopping during a police pursuit.

He was also charged with assault, breaking and entering and possessing a prohibited drug.

The 28-year-old man was charged with supplying a firearm and breaking and entering. 

A 50-year-old man was arrested at Ambarvale and taken to Macquarie Fields police station, where he was charged with having goods in custody, posessing ammunition and prohibited weapons, posesssing an unregistered firearm and other related charges.

The trio were been refused bail to appear at Campbelltown Local Court this month.