- Australian Recognised Qualification - Let us support you in your development and growth as an Educator.
- Get Paid While Studying - Nationally recognised Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Support and Knowledge Share - You will receive support from your Centre Manager, Journey's Learning & Development Manager, and your Trainer and Assessor to guide you through your traineeship.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Additional Benefits - Paid Birthday Leave, Paid Annual Volunteer Day, receive 80% off childcare fees and more!
Journey Early Learning Alphington is a warm and homely centre catering for 45 children between the ages of six weeks and six years. Our centre is perfectly situated, near public transport, main roads and incredible parklands. Our play spaces are designed to encourage play-based learning, inspiration, adventure and joy in all children, families, and visitors.
Our Centre Manager Veronica has worked in the sector for over 10 years and is passionate about the care and education of young children and helping to support every child’s individual learning and development.
Community connections are the core of what we do, and that is why we have developed special relationships with organisations such as Kiddy Rock, Kelly Sports and Bush Kinder excursions into the local Parklands, to immerse ourselves in nature-based play.
About Your New Role:
As our trainee, you will be supported to build foundational knowledge and experience within childcare. Your team, centre leadership team and assessor will help guide you through each day, ensuring that you feel a sense of belonging and continuous support.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Ensuring that children are constantly supervised in accordance with regulations and direct contact is maintained and used as an opportunity for interaction.
- Attending to all children’s physical care and emotional wellbeing by responding to and comforting children who are distressed or unwell.
- Assisting with the programs that are provided for children based on the needs and interests of the children in care.
- Working towards assisting with observations of individuals and groups of children.
- Working towards assisting with the evaluation of children in terms of individual strengths, weaknesses, interests, and preferences, which is then used to design activities to be included in the programme.
- Seeking and accepting support from the Lead Educators, Educational Leader Assistant Centre Manager and Manager.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA Code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- You must have a genuine desire to build your career within Early Education & Childcare.
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
- Be willing to commit to a 12-month traineeship program
- Hold no previous formal qualifications
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.