When you join Coates, you’re joining more than just Australia’s leading equipment hire provider. You’re joining an end-to-end solutions company spanning equipment rental, temporary works engineering, industrial shutdown management and safety training.
Proudly Australian-owned, Coates has a long history of supporting customers to deliver major projects, and an exciting future focused on transformation, innovation, and growth. With over 1,500 employees in 150+ locations, we offer diverse and rewarding roles at our nationwide branches, state head offices and corporate office in Sydney.
About the role
The Spray Painter is responsible for preparing identified equipment for spray painting; professionally and safely spray painting the equipment in accordance with our brand colour pallet and guidelines and applying new safety information and Coates branding decals to the equipment once painted. This role is based in Dandenong.
A day in the life of a Spray Painter:
• Ensure all painting hire equipment is to a high standard
• Prepare and spray paint and buff identified equipment in the hire fleet in accordance to our brand colour pallet and guidelines
• Prioritise equipment for spray painting according to customer demands
• Remove old decals from equipment to be painted ensuring equipment is fit and ready to be spray painted
• Apply new decals onto equipment following the completion of painting; ensure decals are applied in-line with EOM and company requirements.
Your high levels of customer service and Can-Do attitude, are complemented by:
• Previous experience in prepping and spray-painting equipment and machinery
• Previous experience using hand tools (sanders, grinders etc).
• Effective time management and attention to detail
• Your commitment to safety
• A Forklift ticket (not essential)
How we’ll reward you
As a Coates employee, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration
• Flexible working arrangements
• Purchased extra leave program
• Supportive and inclusive team culture
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Volunteering opportunities through the Coates Foundation
As a responsible organisation, we’re on a journey to deliver on our people, planet and profit responsibilities. Our company values – Care deeply, Be our best, Customer-focused and One team – shape everything we do, while our Sustainability Strategy outlines key commitments including:
• Achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040
• Implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in 2022
• Improving gender representation and addressing unconscious bias
• Developing our future female leaders through an annual program
• Supporting our national charities and local communities through the Coates Foundation
To learn more, visit coates.com.au
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited by this opportunity, please follow the links, or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Coates is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workforce for all employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Coates. Equipping you for anything.