- Hybrid work model (home and office based)
- Globally recognised retail manufacturing organisation.
About Our Client
This leading international innovator and manufacturer has experienced significant growth over the past decade, and this trend is set to continue. As a global leader in its field, this organisation has a strong focus on technology, innovation, and a desire to better the health and quality of life of their clients.
The Software Engineer role will include the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to help create and build a new company wide web-based portal, and be a driving force behind improving and automating technical and business processes.
- Design, development and refinement of programmes to improve efficiency of both administrative and manufacturing enterprises of the business.
- Proactively seek improvements to technology which will help drive greater efficiency within the business.
- Capturing the needs and requirements of teams, and developing solutions based on those needs.
- Producing and maintaining accurate documentation; following best practice to ensure transparency and long term sustainability of development.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated commercial experience as a Software Engineer, with particular skills in C# and .NET Core.
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server, and ideally SSMS.
- Ability to liaise directly with non-technical stakeholders to gain a solid understanding of requirements, communicate and agree to solutions, and manage expectations.
- Methodical approach to development, with strong documentation and record keeping practice.
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering etc.
Other experiences that would be beneficial (not essential):
- Experience and understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and translating end-user requirements into usable software.
What's on Offer
- Hybrid work model - typically 50% working from home
- Competitive salary with annual company bonus incentive on top, contingent on business performance (which for the last 10+ years has been very strong).
- Brisbane east side office location with plenty of on-site parking
- Excellent company culture with a focus on collaboration, transparency and accountability.
- Immediate start available, but negotiable with notice periods etc.