Your new company
Hays Healthcare are delighted to be partnering with a not-for-profit organisation designed for children who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This Western Sydney-based organisation has an exciting opportunity for Psychologists with general or clinical registration to join their centre on a permanent basis, working full-time hours.
This not-for-profit centre is committed to its primary goal of improving the lives of those with ASD. The services they offer are for the benefit of not only the children who are affected by ASD, but also their families, carers, and supporting professionals. It offers an exciting work environment with opportunities for variety in work, professional development, and access to a range of resources.
Your new role
You will have the opportunity to work closely with children, adolescents, and their families in providing individual psychological assessments. This will involve employing a range of therapeutic modalities that ultimately assist affected families and individuals in reaching their full potential.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Conducting evidence-based psychometric, behavioural and functional assessments to develop plans and interventions that best suit each individual/group circumstance.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team in providing evidence-based assessment, case formulation, and intervention to children, adolescents and young adults.
- Educating and supporting parents, carers, families, and teachers in how to encourage skill-building and guiding development for each individual to reach their full potential.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring Positive Behaviour Support Plans across home, school, and community settings.
- Assisting community members and other professionals in understanding and promoting strengths of individuals who have been diagnosed with ASD.
- Provide support which reflects the Disability Services Standards, Child Safety, NDIS and other relevant legislative requirements, and report any potential breaches.
- Observe and evaluate the effectiveness of programs, and review against individual plans and set goals.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology.
- Current Psychology registration with AHPRA.
- Current NSW Working with Children’s Check for paid employment
- Current police clearance
- Current valid NSW driver’s license and own vehicle
- DVA experience (ideal)
- Have a Medicare Provider number (or be eligible and willing to obtain a Medicare provider number)
- Demonstrated experience or a strong interest in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of mental health and developmental disorders, including autism spectrum disorder and its common comorbidities
- Have an understanding of a variety of therapeutic approaches for mental health and developmental disorders, and experience in designing, delivering and evaluating interventions
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive remuneration of up to $120,000 + super, subject to experience.
- An extra $15,900 tax-free pay as part of the PBI scheme.
- Personal development allowance of $1,000 per year.
- Your own Surface Pro laptop and room to work from.
- A supportive administrative team who takes care of paperwork, billing, booking appointments, and service agreements.
- A convenience location that includes free parking and is close to public transport.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now'. For more information and a confidential discussion or to find out about other opportunities within Healthcare contact Nafisa Amin at Hays on (02) 8226 9633 or email email@example.com.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where the can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
LHS 297508 #2642064