- Work 25 hours per week
- Gain a nationally recognised Certificate III in Customer Engagement
- 12-month employment contract
About Maxima Group Training:
Maxima is a not-for-profit national employment services and training organisation, working in partnership with small and large businesses across Australia. We have a successful 30-year history delivering employment outcomes for people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, with approximately 280 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders currently placed in Indigenous Traineeships.
Your Host Employer:
Australia Post are committed to offering customers greater access, convenience and choice through their stores and work together to consistently deliver an exceptional service to customers.
This rewarding entry level opportunity is designed to give you practical on the job experience whilst receiving paid study leave to obtain a nationally recognised Certificate III in Business, in the Customer Service stream.
As a Postal Services Officer you will be involved in a range of areas from completing transactions and providing solutions for customers, through to implementing merchandising activities.
This position is a 12-month traineeship contract, working part-time hours from Monday to Friday. National traineeship wages and conditions apply.
- Perform customer sales and service transactions
- Maintain a cash advance accurately which includes handling and processing cash, cheque, credit cards and EFTPOS
- Conduct and process a range of identity services transactions to establish applicant’s identity
- Promote product and services through up selling, cross-selling, merchandising and other promotional activities
- Accept mail items for lodgement, with accurate assessment of applicable charges
- Prepare outward mail for dispatch through correct presentation, review of charging related documents, and cancellation of stamps
- Assist and/or perform administrative duties such as stocktaking and record maintenance
- Must be able to lift to 16kg of mail and stand on a repetitive basis
- Be flexible for additional hours, changing shift times and changing locations
- Ability to provide high quality customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must satisfactorily pass a pre-employment assessment including a drug and alcohol test
How to Apply:
Please note that you must identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to be eligible for this role.
Complete the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.