Your new company
You will be working for a multinational resources company who holds a strong safety culture whilst incorporating respect and diversity throughout their core business values. They are a formidable gold producer and their sites contain structurally complex narrow-vein gold, allowing you to put your geology skills to maximum use!
Your new role
You will be reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, working on a 2:1 roster, to help with daily geology function. You will also work very closely with engineering, survey, geotechnical and exploration departments.
Some of your duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a strong affinity with organisational values especially in safety
- Coordinate within the geology and mining teams to ensure succinct and timely execution of the mine plan.
- Manage and report daily, weekly and monthly production activities, reviewing to plan and reporting against scheduled performance
- Training and mentoring graduate geologist and underground techs in all aspects of their roles.
- Using your experience to deliver industry best practices in the following key aspects of work; drill program design, QAQC, database management, reconciliations and material tracking.
- Manage RC drilling activities from scheduling to design and implementation.
- Assist grade control geologist in generating high quality models using conditional simulation techniques.
- Building and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships with alliance partners across site.
- Completing all tasks in accordance with all relevant safety instructions, procedures and rules, and the Duty of care.
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant tertiary degree in Geology.
- Experience as a mine geologist (bonus if you have narrow-vein gold)
- Focus on safety
- Ability to work in a dynamic, busy, fast paced mining environment.
- Clear communication skills
- A comprehensive understanding of the mining cycle.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Training development program with internal team of specialists.
- Individual Development Program.
- Company provided health insurance for you and direct family members.
- Challenging work and career development prospects within a global mining company.
- World class operation on a world class deposit.
- Opportunity for internal movements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Ashlee Leonhardt on 08 8943 6015. You can also email email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2623803