Exciting opportunity for an ambitious self-starter to join a major company as an Expeditor within a successful purchasing team, based in Auburn, NSW!
Although a candidate with Expeditor experience would be preferred, if you have experience working within a transferable role in the Rail, Heavy Maintenance, Industrial and/or construction industry and have excellent project knowledge or is a quick learner and is looking for a new direction in their career, then I’d like to hear from you too!
My client, an internationally renowned and main player in the Rail and Heavy Maintenance industry, have continued to go from strength to strength and expand, thus creating a rare opportunity to join their highly dynamic purchasing team.
The successful applicant must possess excellent communication skills as you would be the first person of contact to both senior external and internal vendor and stake holders, ensuring smooth processes and transitions between orders, shipments and deliveries, whilst taking care to solve any problems as they arise not only quickly, but also diligently and with empathy.
This is an ASAP start for the right candidate and comes with a very competitive hourly rate. The role is initially a 4-month, contract position with the opportunity of the role going longer or even permanent!
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Verify PO action messages within MS AX and action accordingly.
• Liaise with vendors and internal stakeholders to accommodate changes to production plans.
• Ensure PO’s from key vendors are acknowledged and confirmed, track ex works shipments within SAP from parent company to ensure risk to delivery schedule is managed. Highlight misses and risk to shipment schedule.
• Maintain constant contact and tracks with vendors and shipping companies while deliveries are en route
• Notify internal stakeholders team in a timely manner if a critical delivery is going to be late
• Work with vendors to solve invoicing issues that could delay critical shipments*
Skills and experience needed to be successful in the role:
• 2 years or more experience working in a similar or in a role with transferable skills
• Record of driving business performance and a culture of continuous improvement.
• Critical thinking skills gained from previous (and similar) positions.
• Analytical, with advanced data analytics and modelling skills.
• Process, detail and deadline driven.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability and preparedness to work flexible hours
• Rail Category 3 medical (to be successfully completed before starting)
• Eligible to obtain a Rail Workers Industry Card
• Valid state specific issued Construction Industry Induction Card
Rail, heavy maintenance, industrial and/or construction experience.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please email Jackie.email@example.com