Educational Leader – Goodstart Ocean Reef
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Meet your team
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Ocean Reef is located at the end of Marina Boulevard. We are conveniently located at a two minute walk from Ocean Reef Primary School as well as shops, transport and main roads.
We are licensed for 85 children each day. We have four large rooms - from Nursery to Kindergarten and we are fully staffed. The majority of our educators have worked at our centre for over five years and through this time have come to know all families very well.
- This position is a Full-Time permanent role
- Strong team culture, with ongoing team building at the centre
- Centre champions throughout the service with a focus on sustainability, reconciliation and community. Champions have time off the floor to plan, connect and reach out to be successful in their projects
- Private back office to be utilised for programming, coaching and mentoring, PD’s and a meeting space
- On site parking available
- Opening hours 6:30am-6:00pm
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Competitive pay you’ll get paid on par with state primary school Teachers (if you hold your Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent)
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor (ACECQA recognised qualifications)
- Strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Exceptional knowledge of safety and wellbeing
- Leadership skills
- Passionate Educators who are driven by their desire to provide quality learning experiences
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team
- Strong communication skills, reliable and punctual
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.