Role: Educational Leader
Centre: Goodstart Edgewater, Perth
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Goodstart Exists for Children, Not Profit
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
Meet your team
Goodstart Early Learning Edgewater is a 57 place centre located in a convenient but secure part of our community, close to schools, shops and local facilities, as well as transport and main roads.
Our centre was assessed by (ACECQA) and we received an overall rating of ‘Exceeding’. This process is a National Framework, which rates all Childcare Centres across Australia against the National Quality Standards
As the Educational Leader at Goodstart Edgewater, you will work alongside the Educators within your centre to observe practice, review and continuously improve educational programs on offer to children. You will develop the educator team’s understanding of child development and other relevant early years content knowledge, as well as support the application and use of the Early Years Learning Framework or an approved learning framework.
In this role you will work within the centre leadership team (CLT), lead change, and champion practice uplift and excellence.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved) or could be someone who holds a Diploma
Lead the development and implementation of an effective educational program, pedagogy and practice in their centre;
Review current educational programs and documentation in their centre;
Consult and collaborate with the team of educators to develop and confirm approaches to educational programs, practice and documentation; that includes assessment and an understanding of children’s learning and development;
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Competitive pay you’ll get paid on par with state primary school Teachers (if you hold your Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent)
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
If you have previous experience leading change in education and have either a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education), a Diploma qualification or ACECQA approved equivalent, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all.