Your new company
This highly regarded federal government service is responsible for the provision of a range of support services and programs for their clients and their families. You will be working as part of an Australian wide team who address a wide spectrum of needs by providing support such as health and community care, rehabilitation, counselling, income support and education assistance. They do this via intake and assessments, telephone based support and case management. You would be joining an expanding team of passionate and highly professional specialist staff, within a supportive working environment which provides clinical supervision, professional development opportunities and peer and management support.
Your new role
As Clinical Support Case Manager, you will provide clinical guidance and support to case coordinators, on request, who are assisting clients identified as being at risk and/or having complex and multiple needs, individually and through leading group reflective practice. In addition, you will:
- Provide a primary point of contact to manage clients and/or coordinate access to services for clients allocated through the intake system
- Assist clients to access the required information and support services for their psychological and physical health, and medical needs
- Develop risk management plans
- Escalate high risk and high profile issues through to TL and senior leadership
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to build strong relationships and streamline access to benefits
- Link clients to appropriate mental health and other services
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience as a Case Manager working with vulnerable groups is essential
- You must have a tertiary level qualification in Social Work and be eligible for AASW registration
- Experience in hospital or nursing or mediation experience is desirable
- An understanding of the challenges faced by those who have served in the Australian Defence Force is beneficial
- Expertise in supporting clients experiencing the impacts of substance abuse, mood and anxiety disorders including PTSD and trauma.
- Current Police Check, or ability to obtain one.
What you'll get in return
- Working with a passionate multi-disciplinary team
- Opportunity to work in a role which is extremely rewarding and varied
- Immediately available position with competitive hourly rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Athena George now on 7221 4106.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2405754