Your new company
Our client manages and develops transport infrastructure assets that support growth and create jobs in WA. Rail is at the heart of their business, and the 5,500km rail network is the backbone of freight transport in Western Australia from the diverse Midwest across to the fascinating Goldfields and Yilgarn regions through to the stunning South West and Great Southern.
Your new role
We are currently looking for an Assurance Advisor to join their Governance and Risk Team.
Some of the key duties of the role include:
- Support improvement and maintenance of a fit for purpose Assurance Framework
- Coordinate and conduct 2nd line reviews, controls assurance and audits
- Develop and monitor infield critical control verifications across various risks including Critical Safety Risks, Environmental, Cyber Security, Ant bribery and Corruption
- Conduct investigations in accordance with the Assurance Framework
- Support responses to regulatory investigation requests
- Management of action tracking for investigation, internal audit, 2nd line assurance review actions
- Support annual assurance plan development based on 3 lines of defence and risk based approach to risk controls.
- Deliver assurance reports and conduct stakeholder assurance opening and close out meetings
- Support completion of various committee governance reporting
What you'll need to succeed
- Sound knowledge of ISO31000 Risk Management Standard
- Previous experience, with demonstrated experience in corporate governance, risk management, compliance and assurance.
- Previous experience in audit and assurance activities
- Strong analytical skills to understand and provide insight, analyse, interrupt, assurance and risk activities.
- Previous experience drafting, preparing findings, risk identification and report writing.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and sound verbal and written communication
- Achieved a tertiary qualification in Engineering, Business and/or Risk/Audit Management and/or other Auditor qualification desirable
- Root cause investigation qualifications and/or equivalent experience desirable
What you'll get in return
- flexible working arrangements
- professional development opportunities including study assistant package
- competitive remuneration based on skills and experience
- purchased additional annual leave
- Annual bonus scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2667229